The beauty of this salad is simplicity. Sweet and juicy pomelos, just ripe avocados, and wildly caught shrimps are all you need. We found some nice pomelos in Trader Joe’s this time. For good quality avocados and shrimps, we relied on Whole Foods. I got this recipe a while back, unfortunately without noting the source. If you come across it somewhere, please let me know. Thanks!
To make the tower salad as shown in the picture, you will need a ring mold like this, or you can make your own from a bottomless can. Otherwise, simply serve the layered salad in a clear glass. It looks very cool too!
Pomelo, Avocado, and Shrimp Salad
1 large pomelo, peeled and sectioned
2 ripe avocados, cubed
18 large shrimps, cooked and peeled (keep the tails)
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbs olive oil
Mint or coriander, chopped
- Make the dressing: mix zest and juice of 1 lime, salt and olive oil. Adjust to taste.
- Toss cubed avocados with the dressing.
- Put a ring mold on a serving plate, put a layer pomelo in the bottom, then a layer of marinaded avocados, and finally shrimps.
- Sprinkle some leftover dressing on top.
- Sprinkle some chopped mint or coriander.
[…] Pomelo, avocado, and shrimp salad […]
Comments are closed.