As I put on my red raincoat…
My 4-year-old: Mom, you are so beautiful!!
Me (over the moon): Thank you!
My 4-year-old: You look like a fireman!!!
Okay, this fireman doesn’t know how to put out a fire, but she can certainly turn on the oven. Let’s have grilled chicken for dinner, shall we?
Vietnamese-Style Grilled Chicken
1 whole chicken (~3 lbs)
6 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1 tbs ground pepper
5 tbs soy sauce
4 tbs canola oil
- Place the chicken in an oven-proof large bowl (I used an iron-cast pan.
- Use a sharp knife to sear the chicken.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub the soy sauce mixture all over the chicken.
- Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Bake for about 60 minutes. And put on High Broil for another 5 minutes.