So, we got the kids four guppies. Yup! Their very very first pet!! They were super duper excited. Our 5-year-old even prepared a time schedule for them. It said “breakfast, swim, swim, swim, lunch, swim, swim, swim, dinner.”
Busy fishes, indeed!
Vietnamese Beef Salad (Gỏi Bò Bóp Thấu)
1 lb flank (thinly sliced)
4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground pepper
2 tbs canola oil
1 small onion (thinly sliced)
2 tbs sugar
1 tbs rice vinegar
Juice of 1 lime
Vietnamese coriander (rau răm)
Thai basil (rau húng quế)
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
Unsalted roasted peanuts (crushed)
- Marinate all ingredients in part A with only half of the chopped garlic, and set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Marinate all ingredients in part B and also set aside for 30 minutes, then drain completely.
- Place a skillet under high heat, drizzle about one tablespoon canola oil, and add the rest of the garlic.
- Quickly stir-fry the marinated beef for about one minute and set aside.
- Mix in a large bowl the drained onion, beef, chopped Vietnamese coriander, chopped Thai basils, ground pepper, and juice of 1 lemon.
- Sprinkle crushed nuts before serving.