4-year-old is upset with mommy.
4-year-old: I will only listen to papa. Only papa!!
Papa: Okay, papa said you will have to listen to mommy.
(Adapted from Just One Cook Book)
150g cake flour (or 120g all purpose flour + 30g cornstarch)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbs sugar
1 egg (replace by 2 tbs canola oil + 1 tbs water if you want crispy texture)
1 tbs canola oil
Filling (red bean paste, Nutella, etc.)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- Add egg and milk. Whisk well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat taiyaki mold under medium heat, and grease it with canola oil.
- Spoon batter into taiyaki mold to half full only.
- Add filling of your choice.
- Spoon another layer of batter on top to cover the filling.
- Close the lid, and flip immediately.
- Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Flip again, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.