Our little girl turned seven!!
The only thing she wanted for her birthday is vanilla cupcakes. Here we go!
(Adapted from The Cupcake Diaries)
For 18 cupcakes
300 g flour (sifted)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
8 tbs butter (at room temperature)
275 g sugar
2 eggs (at room temperature)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line cupcake pans with paper baking cups.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Use a handheld mixer to cream butter and sugar on medium speed.
- Add the eggs one at a time on low speed.
- Combine vanilla and milk.
- Add 1/3 of flour mixture to the butter mixture on low speed.
- Add 1/3 of milk.
- Add another 1/3 of flour mixture followed by 1/3 of milk.
- Add the remaining of flour mixture followed by the remaining milk.
- Use a ice-cream scoop to fill each baking cup to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 17 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
Vanilla cream cheese frosting
(From Savoury Days)
150 g heavy cream
150 g cream cheese
30 g sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Use a handheld mixer to cream mixture until stiffed.
[…] vanilla cupcakes (recipes here) Rainbow sprinkles […]
Comments are closed.