Hubby’s practical joke on me: he switched all labels on my jars of home-made coconut oil skincare products. Now he cannot switch them back. Me neither.
What can I do? Throw away?
I mean him, not my precious jars.
Here are some recipes that work for me. I would recommend you to try various recipes to find what suits you best. For example, I now know that my skin becomes oily with honey, but it stays smooth and clean with coconut oil and turmeric. Hope you’ll have fun!
Daily coconut oil facial cleanser
(Adapted from Mother’s niche)
1 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs baking soda
A few drops of essential oil (I use lavender)
A few drops of vitamin E oil (optional)
- Spread 1 tsp of facial cleanser on your face.
- Use a warm wash cloth to wipe clean.
- Note: you can make a large batch and store it in an airtight container.
(From Hello Glow)
2 tbs flour
1 tsp turmeric powder
3 tbs milk
A few drops of raw honey
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Use a brush to apply a thin layer to your face.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer.
Sugar Body Scrub
(Adapted from Molly’s)
8 tbs raw cane sugar
8 tbs sea salt
3 tbs coconut oil
1 tsp lavender oil (or other essential oil of your choice)
1 tsp Vitamin E oil
Optional: add chopped fresh herbs like rosemary, or dried flowers, or spices, or zests.
- Use a fork to mix all ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Rub 1 tbs of the scrub gently into skin, working it in a circular motion with the tips of your fingers.
- Rinse well with warm water.
Coconut oil sugar body scrub
4 tbs sugar
4 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs raw honey
8 tbs coconut oil
A few drops of essential oil
- Combine all ingredients.
- Massage into dry skin.
Deodorant for sensitive skin
(Adapted from OhLardy)
5 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs baking soda
6 tbs arrowroot flour
A few drops of essential oil (I use orange)
- Use a fork to mix all ingredients in a jar.
- Scoop 1/2 teaspoon and apply to your underarms.