When complementarity doesn’t work in a team:
The guy who sees the bird can’t shoot.
The guy who can shoot doesn’t see the bird.
No dinner for us tonight. I guess.
Crispy morning glory salad with beef
(Adapted from Gocbep)
Morning glory salad
1 bunch of morning glory stems (finely shredded)
2 tbs rice vinegar
1 tbs sugar
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs fish sauce
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 pinch of salt
Fried shallots, roasted and chopped roasted almond
Thai basil (chopped) or Vietnamese coriander (chopped)
200 g flank (thinly sliced)
1 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp fish sauce
To make morning glory salad:
- Quickly poach shredded morning glory stems in boiling water.
- Cool poached morning glory stems in a cold water bath and rinse thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, marinate morning glory stems with 2 tbs rice vinegar + 1 tbs sugar. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix salad dressing: 2 tbs brown sugar + 2 tbs fish sauce + juice of 1/2 lime + 1 pinch of salt. Set aside.
To stir-fry beef:
- Marinate beef with rice vinegar, fish sauce, and ground pepper.
- In a skillet, heat canola oil and quickly stir-fry the marinated beef. Set aside.
To prepare the salad:
- Place marinated morning glory stems in a deep plate.
- Add some chopped Thai basil or Vietnamese coriander.
- Add cooked beef on top.
- Drizzle salad dressing.
- Sprinkle chopped almond and fried shallot.