A gloomy and rainy day was a perfect occasion to whip up a colorful batch of confetti cookies. The kids each chose their own sprinkles, and happily finished up the leftover chocolate.
Life is much better with sprinkle and chocolate, isn’t it?
Cheers to ya all!
Confetti butter cookies
(Adapted from Smitten Kitchen)
Make about 14 cookies
115 g butter (soften)
65 g sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
130 g all purpose flour
50 g chocolate
Sprinkle of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Use a handheld mixer to beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Beat until combined.
- Add flour and mix until just combined.
- There are two ways of shaping the cookies:
- Use a piping bag with a medium French star tip to pipe the dough into a long cookie.
- Roll the dough into a thin layer, refrigerate it for 30 minutes, then use a cookie cutter to shape your cookies.
- Note: we followed the second approach today because it was still chilly here and difficult to pipe the cold dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to be completely cool on a rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, microwave chocolate for about 1 minute, or until it is melted.
- Spread some chocolate on top of the cookies.
- Sprinkle with your choice of decoration.