If we can’t go to the restaurant, we bring the restaurant to us! The kids were crazy about Harry Potter (who wouldn’t be?) so, they had dinner at… drum rolls please… Butterbeer Magical Restaurant!
Prix fixed menu at 2 golden galleons per person.
Hubby did an amazing job waiting the table. As usual, I cooked up a storm in the kitchen. The kids discovered mac and cheese from their school cafeteria and loved it. Oh well, then it should be in the menu too. Technically, my version must be named “pasta and cheese” as I threw in whatever type of pasta I could find in the pantry. Kiddos didn’t complain.
Quick mac and cheese
(Adapted from Smitten Kitchen)
For 6 servings:
Pasta (cooked and drained)
4 tbs butter
4 tbs all-purpose flour
750 ml milk
1 tsp kosher salt
Grinds of pepper
150 g finely grated cheddar cheese or parmesan
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Add flour and use a spoon to whisk until combined.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly to avoid any lump.
- Season with 1 tsp kosher salt – adjust to taste.
- Add grinds of pepper.
- Bring sauce to simmer.
- Remove from heat, stir in grated cheese until combined.
- Add drain pasta, stir to evenly coat.
- Serve warm.