We are so lucky! Not only did a female robin decide to make a nest in a small bush right next to our front door but also laid three little blue eggs. The kids are beyond thrilled. They can observe different stages of robin growth: from the magical arrival of each egg to hatched bare-skinned chicks. After just a couple of days, these cuties are now covered with lots of feathers. We cannot wait to see them fly!
Tuna tartare with avocado salad
(Adapted from Saveur)
For 8 servings
1 lb fresh tuna steaks
2 tbs mirin
2 tbs soy sauce
2 avocados (peeled, pitted, sliced)
Juice of 1/2 lime
2 tbs olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Some coriander leaves, thinly sliced for decoration (optional)
Fried breadcrumb for decoration (optional)
Reduced balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Freeze tuna for about 20 minutes so it’s slightly firm.
- Use a sharp knife to cut tuna into 1-cm cubes.
- Marinate cubed tuna with 2 tbs mirin + 2 tbs soy sauce. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine avocado + lime juice + olive oil + salt and pepper to taste.
- Put a layer of avocado in the center of a plate.
- Top with marinated tuna. Add a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper if desired.
- Sprinkle with fried breadcrumb and thinly sliced coriander leaves if using.
- Dot the plate with reduced balsamic vinegar if using.
- Serve immediately.