8-year-old: Mom, did you scream when you gave birth to me?
Me: Of course!
8-year-old: Why do parents always have to scream at their kids?
(Adapted from Savoury Days)
1 package of Trader Joe’s original crackers (or other types of plain crackers)
30 g butter
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 stalk of scallion, green part only (minced)
1/2 small shallots (minced)
30 g butter
120 g marshmallow
30 g shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 tsp whole milk powder
To make the crackers:
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Put butter in a small bowl and microwave for 20 seconds at the lowest level.
- Add onion powder + garlic powder + salt + minced scallion + minced shallots.
- Brush the butter mixture on one side of the crackers.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
To make the cheese filling:
- Put butter + marshmallow + shredded cheddar cheese in a nonstick skillet over low-medium heat.
- Use a spatula to mix until all ingredients are nicely melt and combined.
- Add 1 tsp whole milk powder and mix to combine.
- Let cool slightly.
- Use a spoon to scoop a tsp of filling onto one cracker.
- Top another cracker to make a little sandwich.
- Store in an air-tight container for one week.