Dinner with friends who were trying to convince us to get rooftop solar panels and battery storage…
Us: Why should we get it?
Friends: So you can go off the grid. What happens if you have power outage??
Molten chocolate fondant
(Adapted from J’aime et je cuisine le chocolate)
For 6 servings
75 g sugar
55 g almond flour (or 40 g all-purpose flour)
100 g unsalted butter
150 g dark chocolate
Butter and flour to brush ramakins
Vanilla ice-cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 410F.
- Brush 6 ramekins with melted butter and sprinkle flour.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to mix eggs with sugar.
- Whish almond flour (or all-purpose flour) to the egg mixture. Set aside.
- Melt butter + chocolate in a small bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Whisk melted butter + chocolate into the egg + sugar + flour mixture.
- Divide the batter into 6 ramekins.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Carefully unmold the cake onto a plate.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream if using.