This sweet marmalade is a great pair with roasted pork tenderloins.
Apple and Onion Marmalade
(adapted from A Girl and Her Kitchen)
This recipe serves 6.
1 red apple, peeled and cubed
1/2 lime, juiced
1 tbs butter
1 tbs olive oil
2 shallots, sliced
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp ground pepper
5 tbs chicken stocks
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tbs cider vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tbs Dijon mustard
1 tsp cornstarch
- Toss the apple cubes in the lime juice
- In a large saute pan, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shallots and salt, cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add apples, ground cinnamon, thyme, and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, balsamic vinegar, cider vinegar, sugar, and mustard. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Serve warm.