6-year-old: Mom, do you know what “duh” means?
Me: I don’t know.
6-year-old: It means “you are dumb”. Duh!
(Wait! Did she just call me dumb?)
Kiddo, come back here!!
Lemongrass chili sauce
(Adapted from Truc Thanh)
100g fresh red chilies (or dried chilies soaked in warm water)
4 lemongrass sticks (thinly sliced)
6 garlic cloves
5 tbs canola oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs sugar
1 tbs fish sauce
1. Use a food processor to finely chop lemongrass. Set aside.
2. Use the same food processor, finely chop garlic cloves. Set aside.
3. Use the same food processor, finely chop red chilies. Set aside.
4. In a skillet under medium heat, add canola oil.
5. When the oil is hot, turn heat to low and add chopped lemongrass sticks.
6. Stir constantly until lemongrass turns deep yellow (about 10 minutes).
7. Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
8. Add chilies and stir for about 2 minutes.
9. Add salt + sugar + fish sauce.
10. Cook for another 2 minutes.