Life with two sisters…
Yeap, he deserves the home-made Nutella he has always wanted!
Hazelnut-chocolate spread (homemade Nutella)
(Adapted from the LA Times)
1 lbs raw hazelnuts
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup confectioners sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbs canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spread the hazelnuts evenly over a unlined baking sheet.
- Roast for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Transfer the hazelnuts to a damp towel and rub to remove the skins.
- Use a food processor to grind the hazelnuts until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Add cocoa, sugar, salt, vanilla, oil to the food processor.
- Process for another 1-2 minute.
- Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate.