Life with two sisters…
Yeap, he deserves the home-made Nutella he has always wanted!
Hazelnut-chocolate spread (homemade Nutella)
(Adapted from Hanbit Cho)
For 2 jar of 400ml
320 g raw or roasted hazelnuts
200 g sugar
60 g water
300 g dark chocolate
25 g cocoa powder
10 g oil (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat 200 g sugar + 60 g water until the temperature reaches 240 F.
- Add hazelnuts and turn of the heat.
- Use a spatula to mix the hazelnuts until the sugar crystalizes completely.
- Turn the heat to medium and stir constantly until the caramel fully coats the hazelnuts (the temperature reaches 355 F).
- Transfer the caramelized hazelnuts onto a mat and let them cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- In a blender, add the caramelized hazelnuts and blend until it forms a paste.
- Add melted dark chocolate + cocoa powder + oil (optional) and blend until smooth.
- Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate.