6-year-old shows me her note with 2 boys’ names and 2 girls’ names on it.
6-year-old: Read it, mom!
Me: Are they your classmates?
6-year-old: No, they are the names for my kids when I have them.
(Hmmm… I see 4 last names!)
For 40-45 cookies
250 g all-purpose flour
1 pinch salt
150 g sugar
5 g baking powder
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
9 tbs butter (room temperature)
1 egg yolk to brush (optional)
- In a standing mixer, use a flat beater attachment to mix flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add egg and egg yolk. Mix well at medium speed.
- Add butter and mix until dough forms a ball.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line baking trays with parchment paper.
- Roll dough as thin as possible, about 1-2mm thick.
- Use cookie cutter to cut dough.
- Place cookies on lined-baking trays.
- (Optional) brush with egg yolk and use a fork to cross hatch a pattern on top of the cookies.
- Bake one tray at a time, for about 15 minutes.
- Cool on rack.