7:30 AM – We made it!
Lobster and melon salad
(Adapted from 1080 Recipes)
Serve 4, as appetizer
8 oz French green beans
2 lobster tails (cooked, cut in half)
1 cantaloupe melon (halved and seeded)
Juice of 1 lemon
8 tbs olive oil
7 oz mixed salad greens
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Dills and chives to decorate (optional)
- Cook beans in salted boiling water for 5-7 minutes.
- Drain, and refresh under cold water. Set aside.
- Use a melon baller, scoop out balls of melon flesh.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Whisk in olive oil.
- Divide salad dressing in two portions.
- Toss salad with one part of dressing.
- Toss green been with the remaining dressing.
- To serve: make a bed of salad, top with green beans, place half a lobster tail on top, and toss some melon balls. Sprinkle with chopped chives and dill if using.