We had Belgian waffles this morning.
Me: You like it? I twisted the recipe a little.
Hubby: More dense and crunchy, but very good. What did you change?
Me: I forgot to put the yeast.
(That’s how you frame your mistake, friends!)
Dark chocolate, pistachio, and sea salt cookies
(Adapted from Joy The Baker)
For about 24 cookies
110 g butter (room temperature)
80 g sugar
95 g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
175 g all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
200 g dark chocolate chips
130 g pistachios (chopped)
1/4 tsp sea salt to sprinkle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Place rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Beat butter and sugars until pale and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, and beat until combined, about one more minute.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Add flour mixture to egg-butter mixture.
- Beat at low speed until just incorporated.
- Mix chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Use ice-cream scoop to scoop dough on to lined baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle with sea salt if using.
- Bake cookies for about 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for about 5 minutes.
- Cool completely on rack.