Scissor… paper… rock… to see whose turn to walk barefoot (2-year-old just broke a bowl and we need a human test before letting the kids run wild).
This is how you know you’ve been married for too long…
Vegetable with sesame sauce
(Adapted from One Cook Book)
200 g vegetable (spinach, green bean, bok choy, etc.)
3 tbs roasted sesame seeds
1 1/2 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp mirin
1 tsp sake
- Blanch vegetable (20 seconds for spinach, 2-3 minutes for green bean, 3-4 minutes for bok choy, etc.), and plunge into iced water.
- Drain vegetable and set aside.
- In a skillet, toast sesame seeds for a minute, until fragrant.
- Use a mortar and pestle to grind sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, mirin, and sake.
- Add sesame paste.
- Before serving, toss vegetable with sesame sauce.