Happy holidays from us to you!
(Adapted from Use Real Butter)
110 g almond flour (sifted)
200 g confectioner’s sugar (sifted)
2 tbs cocoa powder (sifted)
100 g egg white (about 3 large eggs), aged 1-7 days, at room temperature
50 g sugar
- Prepare 2 baking sheets lined with Silpat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, confectioner’s sugar, and cocoa powder.
- In a clean bowl, beat egg white and sugar until stiff.
- Use a spatula to gently fold egg white into flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a piping bag fitted with a large piping tip.
- Pipe small rounds onto lined baking sheets.
- Let the macarons sit out for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Let cook completely before removing from baking sheets.
- Pipe chocolate ganache (recipe below) on a macaron and sandwich with a second macaron.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Before serving, let macarons sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
100 g heavy cream
80 g semi-sweet chocolate
1 tbs butter
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream until slightly hot.
- Add chocolate, and mix until just combined.
- Finally add butter.