4-year-old: Mom, do you know tomorrow is George Washington’s Birthday?
Me: Really! Are you going to celebrate?
4-year-old: No, because I don’t know where he lives.
Thai tea ice-cream
1.5 cup whole milk
1/2 cup Thai tea leaves
1 cup heavy cream (divided)
2/3 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
- In a saucepan, heat whole milk until slightly boiled.
- Add Thai tea leaves. Cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Strain the tea and discard tea leaves.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks and set aside.
- Pour tea milk mixture back to saucepan, add sugar and 1/3 cup heavy cream.
- Heat until slightly boiled.
- Pour hot mixture into egg yolks and whisk constantly.
- Heat egg milk mixture over low heat and use a spatula to constantly whisk until thicken (form a thin coat on the spatula). Turn off the heat.
- Add 2/3 cup heavy cream.
- Let mixture cool completely.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Use ice cream machine as instructed.