7-year-old lost her tooth in school, and she was so worried. Here is her letter to Tooth Fairy.
Of course, Tooth Fairy circled “Yes” and left $5 under her pillow. She was over the moon.
The next night, she had another letter:
Tooth Fairy laughed so hard that he again circled Yes and gave her another $5.
On the third night, Tooth Fairy scratched his head and gave me this letter:
Fish spring rolls
(Adapted from Le Linh Chi)
2 lbs white fish (catfish, cod, tilapia,…) – slice into bite-size
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
150 g all-purpose flour
50 g corn starch
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
280 ml water
4 tbs hoisin sauce
2 tsp wasabi
1 tsp lemon juice
- Marinate fish slices with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients in the batter.
- To deep fry: heat canola oil in a saucepan. Dip each piece of fish into the batter and fry.
- To make dipping sauce: mix all ingredients in a separate bowl.
- To serve: place a fried piece of fish on a rice paper, add a tad of mayonnaise and a sprig of dill, roll and dip in dipping sauce.