After watching The Lego movie, 6-year-old really wants a Millennium Falcon.
Me: You’ll need to save for it, buddy! It’s 100 bucks.
6-year-old (excited after thinking for a while): Mom, I can totally buy it when I lose TWENTY teeth!!!
Maybe it’s time Tooth Fairy should increase his payment…
Angel Food Cake
(Adapted from David Lebovitz)
For a 9″ tube pan
130 g cake flour (or 100 g all-purpose + 30 g cornstarch)
150 g sugar + 100 g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup egg whites (about 12 large eggs)
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Lemon curd (optional, receipt here)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, sift flour, 100 g sugar, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- In a large bowl, beat egg white on medium speed until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and lemon juice.
- Continue to beat on medium speed.
- Slowly add sugar.
- When egg whites form soft peaks, stir in vanilla.
- Use a spatula to fold flour-sugar mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the tube pan.
- Smooth the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Invert the pan on its “feet”.
- Serve with lemon curd, to jam, or whipping cream, or chocolate sauce, etc.