What happened when you gave a butter cookie to your nerdy colleague?
Make about 2 dozen cookies
(Adapted from Smitten Kitchen)
225 g unsalted butter
135 g granulated sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
260 g all-purpose flour
200 g chocolate (melted)
100 g coconut flakes (toasted)
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla, and salt.
- Add the flour.
- If the mixture is soft enough, you can pipe the dough into a 1 1/2 inch cookies. Mine is quite dense, so I just roll and use a cookie cutter.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Dip the cookies on melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.