We have a lot of celebration this month, but the most important one is… drum roll please… our youngest turned four! All she asked for was vanilla cupcakes with chocolate buttercream. Big cheers to our happy-go-lucky little girl!
Vanilla cupcakes and milk chocolate buttercream
(Adapted from The Cupcake Diaries)
9 vanilla cupcakes (recipes here)
Rainbow sprinkles (optional)
Milk chocolate buttercream (1/2 recipe for 9 cupcakes):
12 tbs butter (soften)
360 g confectioner’s sugar
5 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk (or less)
360 g dark chocolate (melted)
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until light and airy.
- Slowly add the milk. Note: you don’t have to use all the amount of milk indicated here.
- Finally, fold in the melted chocolate.
- Pipe the milk chocolate buttercream onto cupcakes
- Decorate with rainbow sprinkles if using.