Asking the kids to solve the classic problem of a man taking a wolf, a goat, and a cabbage across a river.
8-year-old: You explain to the wolf and the goat that biting is not good, then you take each of them across the river.
6-year-old: You just have to wait for the goat or the wolf to sleep.
4-year-old: Can we eat the goat?
Baked sweet potatoes with creme fraiche
(Adapted from Chef Ottolenghi’s cookbook: Plenty)
Baked sweet potatoes:
3 thin and long sweet potatoes (each cut into 8 length-way wedges)
3 tbs olive oil
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
3/4 tsp sea salt
Cilantro leaves (optional)
Creme fraiche dipping sauce:
4 oz creme fraiche
1/2 lemongrass stalk (finely chopped)
1/2 limes (zest and juice)
1/2″ fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 380 F.
- Place sweet potatoes wedge on a lined baking sheet.
- Brush sweet potatoes with olive oil.
- Sprinkle ground coriander and salt.
- Bake for 35-40′.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To make dipping sauce: mix all ingredients together.