Brought “bánh chưng” (rice cake with pork and mung bean) and “giò lụa” (Vietnamese pork ham) to the office to celebrate Lunar New Year.
Colleague A (a very knowledgeable guy): Now I know! You guys eat pork to celebrate the year of the Pig!
Me: Yeah. You know next year is the year of the Rat, right?
Blueberry yogurt muffins
(Adapted from Smitten Kitchen)
For 12 big muffins
70 g unsalted butter (ok to be cold)
95 g sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
150 g plain yogurt (I used Fage brand)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
195 g all-purpose flour
220 g fresh (or frozen) blueberries
3 tbs raw sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a muffin baking tray with 12 paper liners.
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl and microwave to melt (about 1 minute).
- Whisk in sugar, egg, zest, and yogurt.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Sift flour in the batter, and add blueberries.
- Use a spatula to gently fold the batter together until smooth. Note: the batter is very thick.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to divide the batter into lined muffin cups.
- Sprinkle raw sugar on top, if using.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to rack.