Breakfast this morning…
Hubby: The waffle is too salty.
Hubby: The milk tastes funny.
Hubby: I’m craving for some scrambled eggs.
Me: Seriously, are you pregnant?
Crispy chicken wings in sweet and spicy fish sauce (Cánh gà chiên nước mắm)
(Adapted loosely from Vietspices)
4 lbs chicken wings
6 garlic cloves (coarsely minced)
10 tbs sugar
8 tbs fish sauce
chili flakes (optional)
- Heat canola in a deep saucepan.
- Add chicken wings by small batches, fry until wings turn golden.
- While cooking the second batch of chicken wings, put the first batch in an Air Fryer at 390F and bake for 3 minutes, flip the wings, and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2-3 tbs canola oil.
- Add minced garlic and fry until crispy and fragrant. Drain and set aside.
- In the same large saucepan, mix 10 tbs sugar and 8 tbs fish sauce, heat just enough to dissolve sugar. Let the mixture cool down a bit.
- Before serving, mix chicken wings with sweet fish sauce.
- Sprinkle with fried garlic and chili flakes if using.