Just squash my hubby’s evil plan!
I said I may have eaten too much over the holidays.
He planned to wash all of my dry-clean office clothes over night so I would freak out when trying them out in the morning!!!
What does marriage teach me? Being alert. ALL. THE. FREAKING. TIME!
Thick and chewy granola bars
(Adapted loosely from Smitten Kitchen)
200 g rolled oat
100 g sugar
30 g almond flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
300 g dried fruits + chopped nuts/seeds (*)
100 g peanut butter (I replaced with Trader Joe’s mixed nut butter)
55 g honey
20 g light corn syrup + 1 tbs water
6 tbs butter (melted)
(*) This time I used 70 g dried cranberries + 50 g golden raisins + 50 g chopped dried apricot + 50 g unsweetened coconut flakes + 80 g sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 8″ square baking pan with one long parchment paper that goes up to the two opposite sides of the pan. Spray oil on the exposed sizes.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients: rolled oat + sugar + almond flour + salt + ground cinnamon + dried fruits + chopped nuts/seeds
- Add nut butter, honey, light corn syrup, water, and melted butter.
- Spread the oat mixture onto the prepared pan.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and use a pestle to press the mixture firmly packed. Discard the plastic wrap.
- Bake for 35-40′.
- Let it cool completely.
- Use a serrated knife to cut into individual granola bars.
- Wrap each bar with a plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.