Goal of a 2nd-grader: “To grow a new path in my brain”.
Seared chicken liver with port and grapes
(Adapted from Cantinho Do Avillez)
1 lb chicken livers (removed all the nerves and skin)
20 red grapes (halved)
1 tbs Olive oil
2 garlic cloves (sliced)
1 sprigs of thyme
6 tbs port
- Wash chicken livers in iced water. Dry with kitchen paper and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbs olive oil with garlic slices and thyme in medium-high heat.
- Add chicken livers, let them brown, untouched, for about 2 minutes.
- Flip the livers over, season with sea salt.
- Let them brown for another 2 minutes.
- Add grape and port.
- Cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle with more sea salt and serve immediately.