School closes because of corona pandemic. It looks like we will be home schooling the kids from now until the end of the school year. Wish us luck.
Here is 8-year-old’s drawing on the first home-schooling day: “The Good, The Bad, and The Stinky”. It’s all about bank robbery (!!)
Wish us lots of luck indeed.
Rich yogurt waffles
(Adapted from Smitten Kitchen)
240 g all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbs sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
350 g Greek yogurt
150 g milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs (separated)
4 tbs butter (melted and cooled)
- In a large bowl, whisk flour + salt + sugar + baking soda
- In a medium bowl, mix yogurt + milk + vanilla extract + 2 egg yolks.
- Stir the yogurt mixture into flour bowl.
- Add melted butter to the batter.
- In a small bowl, use a handheld mixer to beat 2 egg whites until soft peaks.
- Gently fold egg whites into the batter.
- Now use a waffle maker to make your rich delicious breakfast.