Ever since we tasted Caramelix, the home-made caramel sauce from La Poele a Crepe in Brittany, I’ve been on a personal quest to unearth their secret. There were lots of trials and errors indeed, but the kids happily devour my failed attempts. I’m getting there…
Salted caramel sauce
(Adapted from Sally’s baking addiction)
200 g sugar
110 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp salt (not sea salt)
- In a medium sauce pan, heat sugar under medium-high heat.
- Use a spatula to stir sugar constantly.
- When sugar has been completely melt and turns into a light yellow color, add butter.
- Stir until butter and caramel are fully combined.
- Slowly drizzle heavy cream in the caramel sauce while stirring.
- Turn off the heat and add 1/2 tsp salt.
- Let it cool before using.