Two dads had a brilliant idea of setting up a movie theater outdoor. The kids absolutely had a blast. Keep on your great work, dads!
Creme brulee French toast
(Adapted from Smitten Kitchen)
Makes 6 servings
6 slices of bread (at least 1″ thick)
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 large eggs
2 tbs sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tsp Grand Marnier
1 tsp vanilla extract
Sugar (for topping, optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together milk + heavy cream + eggs + sugar + salt + Grand Marnier + vanilla extract.
- On a rimmed baking tray, arrange bread slices and pour custard over slices. Let them soak for about 20 minutes (flip the slices over at one point).
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Arrange soaked bread slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Flit the slices over and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- If desired, sprinkle sugar on top of the slices and use a kitchen torch to make the caramelized topping.
- Serve immediately.