Garlic, salt, and pepper stir fried shrimps
(Adapted from Annie Vang)
2 lbs shell-on head-on shrimps (washed and pat dry)
1 cup potato starch, or corn starch, or all-purpose flour
Canola oil to fry
3 garlic cloves (minced)
5 spring onions (white part minced, green part cut into 1″ length)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
- In a small saucepan, fill canola oil to about 1″ deep.
- When oil is hot, roll shrimps on potato starch (or corn starch/all-purpose flour) and fry for about 1 minute, depending on the size of the shrimps.
- Drain on a large plate lined with paper towel.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbs canola oil.
- Add minced garlic and minced white parts of the spring onions, stir fry until fragrant.
- Add salt + sugar + ground pepper + garlic powder.
- Add shrimps and quickly shake until the shrimps are coated (about 30 seconds).
- Serve hot.