What to do when kids go to sleep? Date night of course! Pizza, beer, and Skywalker.
Fried calamari with chili and garlic
(Adapted from Masterchef Tran Duc)
4 cleaned tubes of squid
6 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 tbs chili paste
1 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs fish sauce
Juice of 1/4 limes
Lime slices and cilantro for decoration (optional)
- Thinly slice tubes of squid. Pat dry.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over high heat, add 2 tbs canola oil.
- When the oil is hot, add squid slices and stir fry quickly for 15-20 seconds.
- Place the cooked squid onto a plate. Discard liquid if any.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tbs canola oil.
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add chili paste + brown sugar + fish sauce.
- As soon as the sauce boils, add squid back to the skillet and stir quickly for a few second.
- Place squid on a clean plate. Pour sauce on top and squeeze some lime juice. Decorate with lime slices and a few sprigs of coriander (optional).
- Serve with white rice.