I dropped by the office for the first time in 5 months. Nothing is the same any more…
Strawberry sour cream ice cream
Makes about 1 quart
(Adapted from David Lebovitz’s The Perfect Scoop)
300 g fresh organic strawberries (rinsed, and cubed)
100 g sugar
1 tbs vodka
160 g sour cream
160 g heavy cream
1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, mix strawberries with sugar and vodka.
- Let the mixture stand at room temperature for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Use a handheld blender to pulse the strawberries + their syrupy liquid + lemon juice until smooth (but you still want some chunky pieces of strawberries to remain).
- In a large bowl, use a handheld mixer to beat heavy cream + sour cream until stiff.
- Use a spatula to fold the strawberry mixture into the cream.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours so the mixture is completely chilled.
- Freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker.
- Store your ice cream in the freezer for a couple of hours before serving.