We threw a dinner party for the kids last night – completed with a Descendants-theme menu, silverware, individual flowers, and a crew of diligent servers (aka. parents). They had a blast. How did we know? Because they left us some big fat tips!
Below is one of our main courses: The Isle of the Lost.
Cream of mushroom soup
For 6 servings
(Adapted from Chef Jose Avillez’s Cantinho Do Avillez)
2 lbs button mushrooms (rinsed, sliced)
1/2 onion (chopped)
5 garlic cloves (chopped)
200 ml heavy cream
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tbs olive oil and fry chopped onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add sliced mushrooms (and more olive oil if needed), and fry until golden brown.
- Cover the mushrooms with water and bring to boil.
- Simmer the soup uncovered for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Use a handheld blender to blend the mushrooms until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add heavy cream and mix well.
- Serve hot.