4-year-old and 6-year-old were fighting over who would choose a TV show to watch today. It was my daughter’s turn. So, my son gave in:
– Fine, you can choose. But you have to choose “Cars”, okay?
So much about democracy!
Meanwhile, we all voted for this dish, including our youngest. Enjoy!
Stir-Fried Crab Meat Andrew Glass Noodle (Miến Xào Cua)
(For 4 servings)
200g dried glass noodle (soaked in warm water for 30 minutes, then drained)
100g bean sprouts
5 dried wood ear fungus (soaked in warm water for 30 minutes, then finely chopped)
15 dried shiitake mushroom (soaked in warm water for 30 minutes, then finely chopped)
1 small carrots (finely shredded)
2 tbs fish sauce
8oz crab meat
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with fish sauce and set aside.
- In a large wok, heat about 3 tbs canola oil, and bean sprouts and quickly stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add shredded carrots, chopped wood ear fungus and chopped shiitake mushroom, stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1-2 tbs oil and glass noodle, cook until transparent, another 2 minutes.
- Add the egg mixture, mix well, and stir for another 2 minutes, or until eggs are well cooked.
- Finally, gently fold in crab meat.
- Sprinkle with fried shallots before serving.