Me (pre-kid): Let’s have a family calendar.
Me (now): Hahahahahha!
Butternut squash, kale, and goat cheese pie
(Adapted loosely from Bon Appétit)
For 6 appetizer-size, or 2 main-course-size
3 tbs olive oil
1 small onion (diced finely)
300 g butternut squash (cut to 1/2″-cubes)
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 bunch kale (thinly sliced)
Zest of 1 lemon
1 frozen puff-pastry sheet (thawed)
4 oz goat cheese (crumbled)
- In a skillet, heat olive oil under medium heat.
- Add onion, and cook until soften, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add butternut squash, cook until slightly tender, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in thyme and stir for another minute.
- Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a mixing bowl, slightly beat 2 eggs.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add kale, lemon zest, and cooled onion-butternut squash mixture.
- Line the skillet with parchment paper.
- Layer puff-pastry sheet inside skillet.
- Spoon kale-butternut squash mixture into puff pastry sheet.
- Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese.
- Fold puff pastry edges over filling, leave center exposed.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Serve directly from skillet, or let it cool for at least 15 minutes before transferring to serving dish.