10-year-old scout girl made the fire with a little help from her bro and sis. We had grilled beef short ribs for dinner in the backyard, and s’more to round up the night. Summer is really here!
Grilled flanken short ribs
(Adapted from Vietspices)
4 – 4.5 lbs flanken short ribs
1 Asian pear or Bosc pear (peeled, cored, and chopped)
5 garlic cloves (chopped)
1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
4 scallions (chopped)
30 g brown sugar
3 tbs sesame oil
3 tbs fish sauce
3 tbs soy sauce
10 tbs yoshida sauce
Fresh vegetables (e.g. lettuce, carrot, cucumber, mint, coriander, etc.)
Dipping sauce (recipe here)
- Clean and pat dry flanken short ribs.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and use a handheld blender to process until smooth.
- Marinate short ribs in a large zip lock or in a large skillet for at least one hour.
- Grill each side 1-2 minutes until brown golden.
- Serve with rice noodles, vegetables, and dipping sauce.