Artists in the house! With this speed of home production, we will soon have a gallery indeed.
Korean cream cheese garlic bread
(Adapted from Savoury Days)
6 large buns
4 garlic cloves (minced)
100 g butter (divided by 30 g + 70 g cubed)
20 g heavy cream (cold)
1/8 tsp salt
10 g confectioners’ sugar
Cream cheese filling:
120 g cream cheese (at room temperature)
80 g heavy cream
15 g confectioners’ sugar
- To make garlic butter:
- In a skillet over medium heat, fry minced garlic with 30 g butter until fragrant. Remove from the heat.
- Add salt + confectioners’ sugar + dried oregano
- Set aside to cool down.
- Use a spatula to mix in cold heavy cream + 70 g cubed butter until combined.
- To make cream cheese filling:
- In a small bowl, use a handheld mixer to beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar.
- Continue to beat until smooth.
- To make cream cheese garlic bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Use a bread knife to slice each bun into 6 sections (carefully not to cut all the way to the bottom).
- Use a butter knife to spread garlic butter on the inside of each bread section.
- Use a piping bag to pipe cream cheese onto each bread section.
- Spread some butter on top of the buns.
- Sprinkle some more dried oregano.
- Bake for 6 minutes + broil for another 1 minute.
- Serve warm.