Our artist-in-residence was hard at work. This time, I had a Picasso-type portrait of ME!! Gorgeous, I would say:
It was time to feed the artist. Today, the kitchen offered yogurt-marinated grilled chicken served with hot pita, grilled vegetable, and guacamole.
Yogurt-marinated grilled chicken
(Adapted from Food and Wine)
8 boneless skin-on chicken thighs
1 cup plain yogurt
1 small bunch of coriander (chopped)
Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tbs)
4 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tsp cumin seeds (or 1 tsp ground cumin)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp kosher salt (to taste)
To grill: add kosher salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix all marinate ingredients together.
- In a large zip lock bag, marinate chicken for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Sprinkle kosher salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken, skin-side up, until nearly cooked through.
- Flip the chicken, this time skin-side down, and cook until skin is crispy.
- Let the chicken rest on a carving board for 10 minutes before cutting.