This is where being lazy pays off: 5-year-old is learning how to jump rope on a TRAMPOLINE!!
Dutch baby pancake
(From Smitten Kitchen)
For one 9″x13″ ovenproof pan or one 12″ ovenproof round skillet
2 tbs unsalted butter
4 large eggs
65 g all-purpse flour
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 tbs sugar (if making sweet pancake)
1 tsp ground pepper (if making savory pancake)
If sweet: powder sugar/jam/fruit compote/lemon juice
If savory: omit sugar in the batter, and add ground pepper + vegetable (spinach, cooked greens) + bacon/ham + cheese + herb
- Put a skillet/pan in the oven and heat to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to beat eggs.
- Add salt + flour, whisk until combined.
- Add milk and whisk.
- Add sugar if making sweet pancake, or add ground pepper if making savory pancake.
- When oven is fully heated, brush 2 tbs butter on the bottom and the sides of the pan.
- Pour batter into the buttered skillet/pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve with topping of your choice (either for sweet or savory pancakes).