What is the biggest regret you have during this lock down?
Hands down, ours is this complete drum set installed in the music room DURING THE LOCK DOWN where we have to live with it 24/7! What the hell were we thinking???
Of course we need some energy booster. Moreover, this recipe is so forgiving – you can swap to whatever nuts/seeds readily available in your pantry, you can adjust the ratio as you wish, you can eat it with smoothie, yogurt, or anything, really!
Savoury and sweet health fat booster
(Adapted from Equinox)
1 cup roasted nuts (I used a mixture of almonds, macadamia, hazelnuts, and shelled pistachios)
1/2 cup freeze-dried raspberries
2 tbs roasted sesame seeds
3 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp cardamom seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes
1/4 tsp kosher salt
- In a large skillet, re-toast the nuts with a pinch of salt over medium heat until fragrant, a few minutes.
- Transfer the nuts to a bowl, and let the them cool completely.
- In the same skillet, toast cumin, coriander seeds, and cardamon seeds until fragrant (about a minute).
- Add roasted sesame seeds in the skillet and toast for another minute.
- Transfer the seeds to a separate bowl, and let them cool completely.
- In the same skillet, toast the coconut flakes until light golden.
- In a food processor, pulse the roasted nuts until coarsely chopped. Set aside.
- In the same food processor, pulse the roasted seeds until coarsely chopped.
- Combine the chopped seeds + chopped nuts + toasted coconut flakes + freeze-dried berries + 1/4 tsp kosher salt.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Serve with yogurt, smoothie, oatmeal, ice-cream, and so on. The choice is endless.