We love plants and flowers!
For the new year, each kid wants their own houseplant (and takes care of it themselves). What a fantastic idea! So, we all piled up in a car and headed to Trader’s Joe. A cherry on top? Trader’s Joe also carried Meyer lemons!!
The next morning, we had simple crepes with just sugar and Meyer lemon juice. What a bonus!
(Adapted from Martha Holmberg’s Crepe)
I use a Pyrex 8-cup glass measuring cup to simplify the process
630 ml milk
3/4 tsp kosher salt
285 g all-purpose flour
3 tbs butter (melted)
- In a large bowl (I used Pyrex 8-cup glass measuring cup), put milk + eggs + salt.
- Use a hand blender to blend for a few seconds.
- Add flour and blend for a few more seconds.
- Add melted butter and blend.
- Cover and let the batter rest for at least 30 minutes (or overnight in the fridge).
- When ready to make, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and pour a thin layer of batter. Cook on both sides for a minute. Continue to make the rest.
- Transfer the crepes on a plate, cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Serve warm with jams, or simply with sugar and a few drop of lemon juice like us.