Happy Thanksgiving! This year, our menu included:
- Home-made smoked salmon with hickory pellets
- Assortment of cheese and crackers
- Apple martini for adults
- Spiced apple cider for kids
- Cider-brined turkey with star anise and cinnamon
- Cranberry, ginger, and orange chutney
- Roasted vegetable with caper vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Watercress salad with fennel and orange
- Wasabi and roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- Roasted carrots, spices, feta
- Apple turnover with ice cream and butterscotch sauce
Hope you have wonderful times with families and friends!
Roasted vegetable with caper vinaigrette
(Adapted from Ottolenghi’s Plenty)
Vegetables and herbs (can be substituted with carrots, potatoes, cauliflowers, etc.):
4 parsnips (peeled and cut into pieces about 2″ long and 1/2″ wide)
1 red onions (peeled and cut into 8 wedges)
1 head of garlic (halved horizontally)
6 thyme sprigs
2 rosemary sprigs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1 sweet potatoes (unpeeled, cut into 8 wedges)
1 lb brussel sprouts
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tbs maple syrup
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs olive oil
4 tbs small capers
To roast the vegetable:
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a roasting pan, place parsnip + onions + garlic + thyme + rosemary + salt + pepper + olive. Mix well.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes + brussel sprouts and stir well.
- Bake for another 35 minutes.
To make caper vinaigrette:
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Set aside.
- As soon as the roasted vegetables are cooked, pour the dressing and stir well.
- Serve immediately.