We are so lucky that the fall season lasts quite long this year and we have such a beautiful weather this time of the year. The kids spend a lot of time outdoor, swimming, climbing trees, running in the neighborhood and the playground. We try to have suppers outdoor as often as we could and take our work to the backyard to enjoy the sun and the colors nature brings to us.
Watercress salad with fennel and orange
(Adapted from Nuno Mendes’ My Lisbon)
Serve 4 as a small side dish
1/2 fennel bulb (thinly sliced)
100 g watercress
1 orange (peeled)
1/2 lemon (juice)
3 tbs olive oil
- Cut the orange into segments. Set aside.
- Squeeze the remaining orange membrane to get the juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk orange juice (above) + lemon juice + olive oil + salt + pepper + smoked paprika to taste. Set aside.
- In a large plate, arrange watercress on the bottom.
- Scatter fennel slices and orange segment on top.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Before serving, pour the dressing on top.