When you showed up to an event and realized your colleagues wore the exact same outfit…
Hot honey chicken with lemon-oregano potatoes
(Adapted from Food & Wine)
1 tbs canola oil
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (excess skin and fat trimmed)
1 tbs kosher salt (divided)
2 lbs small fingerling potatoes (skin-on, halved lengthwise)
1 tsp dried oregano
4 tbs lemon juice (about 2 lemons), divided
1 tbs honey
1 tsp sriracha
3 oz feta cheese, crumbled
Fresh herbs, e.g. dills, coriander (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- On a skillet, heat 1 tbs canola oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle 1.5 tsp kosher on chicken thighs.
- Place chicken thighs, skin down, and cook undisturbed until skin is golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken skin side up, to a plate.
- Reserve 1 tbs drippings in a small bowl.
- Toss potatoes + dried oregano + 1.5 tsp kosher salt in the skillet with chicken drippings.
- Spread potatoes in one single layer on a large roasting pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven. Nest chicken, skin side up, on top of the potatoes.
- Drizzle with 3 tbs lemon juice.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl with the reserved 1 tbs drippings, add 1 tbs lemon juice + 1 tbs honey + 1 tsp sriracha + 1 pinch of salt. Readjust if needed.
- To serve: place chicken thighs and potatoes on to a plate, sprinkle crumble feta cheese on top, drizzle hot honey sauce over the chicken and potatoes, and add fresh herbs.